Points West Living - Slave Lake
Welcome to Points West Living Slave Lake! Opened in the fall of 2015, PWL Slave Lake is modern, bright and spacious with an intimate cottage layout. We enjoy a fun, loving atmosphere, with music playing in the cottages and lots of laughter.
Our grounds are lovely, with beautifully trimmed lawn and shrubs, and raised flower beds. A pathway and small bridge connect PWL Slave Lake with Vanderwell Lodge next door, and visitors are always welcome.
Our cooks are amazing and the meals are great. Often, when baking happens, the oven in each cottage kitchen is pressed into service and wafts delicious aromas into every room.
PWL Slave Lake is dedicated to the Eden Alternative model of care, which promotes maximum independence, choice and dignity for each resident and encourages the involvement of family, neighbours and friends. Residents bring their belongings including some furnishing, and may keep their small pets in their suites.
Our residents enjoy:
- 45 Designated Supportive Living spaces including 13 studios with Memory Care
- 7 rental suites for Independent Supportive Living
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Close walking distance to shopping, restaurants, convenience stores and local places of interest.
- Directly located next to a level 3 lodge which enables a thriving recreation program between the 2 buildings.
- Translator “on call” for First Nations Residents
- Staff Lounge
- Hair salon
And, by the way... pets are welcome!