Cold Lake - Our Building
Points West Living attracts seniors who want to maintain their lifestyle in a secure and supportive environment.
At Points West Living, we provide a quality of life based on a sense of social and recreational opportunities while respecting your privacy and independence.
You will gain peace of mind knowing that as your needs and abilities change, services are available to enable you to "age-in-place."
Cottages are designed like a big house where residents, staff, families, and volunteers participate in the daily activities of life and make decisions together about cottage life.
Each cottage varies in size but typically has 10-12 suites with a shared kitchen, living room, pantry, storage, and laundry.
Some cottage features include:
- Dining area with home like dining room tables that seat eight
- Kitchen for use by staff and residents
- Living room with comfortable seating, a library, media centre and games
- Laundry room for residents and staff
- Public washroom
- Wide corridors with resident shelves/memory boxes outside each suite
- Opportunities for recreational activities
1-Bedroom Suite features
- Kitchen: Bar Fridge, Microwave, Dining Area, Cabinets, Sink
- Bedroom: Large Window with coverings, Closet with Shelf Organizers
- Living Area: Large Window, Phone, Cable, Wireless Internet, Window Coverings
- Bathroom: Toilet, Accessible Sink Storage including lockable cabinet, Walk-in Shower with Safety Bars
- Front Closet: Spacious, Shelf
- Emergency Fire Sprinklers, Horn, Strobe light
Studio Suite features
- Kitchenette Area: Bar Size Fridge, Microwave, (Not in Memory Care) Cabinets, Sink
- Living/ Sleeping Area: Spacious, Large Window, Built-In wardrobe with Shelf, Window coverings
- Phone, Cable and Wireless Internet
- Bathroom: Toilet, Sink With Storage, Walk-In Shower with Safety Bars
- Emergency Fire Sprinklers, Horn, Strobe light (No Horn in Memory Care Rooms)
For Your Comfort
- Guest Suite
- Ample Parking
- Emergency response system
- Smoke detector, strobe light, and sprinkler system
- Walkers/Wheelchairs welcome
Enriching Your Life
- 24-hour on-site staff
- Housekeeping service available
- Dining program available
- Linen and towel service available
- Monthly calendar of social and recreational activities
- Spa/Tub Room
- Hair Salon
- Secure Outdoor Area for Memory Care Residents with walking paths, gardens, trees, shrubs, benches, tables with chairs
- Building grounds include walking paths, gardens, trees, shrubs, benches, and tables with chairs
It's much easier to sleep when you know you and your family is safe! For your peace of mind, Points West Living is equipped with all standard safety features including:
24-hour Emergency Response System
Any resident who needs help in a hurry can simply activate a radio signal with the press of a button (worn at all times as a neckpiece). This lets staff know the resident's name, room number, and the location of the call.
Dementia / Alzheimer's Living Safety Program
Our dementia units feature discreet security including a fenced wandering area that allows for maximum freedom of movement.
We enable maximum mobility, with features like roll-in showers, track lifts and extra wide corridors.